Monday, June 3, 2013

Documentary Photography / Photojournalism

I love this image so much.  I find it interesting that the only person turning around to look at the disabled black man is a child walking past.  Everyone else is too busy to even glance at the poor man begging for change on the side of the road.  He is clearly both poor and disabled, and yet nobody is giving him the time of day based on the color of his skin.  They are all well-dressed and going about busy lives while he is not sufficiently dressed for the weather, and sitting on the cold sidewalk trying to get some money to live off of.
I love the fact that there is only one little girl that is happy in this image.

I enjoy the sense of balance in this image.  There are seamen on the left and business people on the right, the seamen facing backwards and the business people facing forward.

I love how this image leaves the idea in your head that perhaps they ate the child.  lol

I enjoy the fact that the only person in this image is a large silhouette.

I find it interesting that this woman is biting her covering.

Every time I see this image, I'm fascinated that a common nanny captured this image with a simple camera and zero training.

I am intrigued by the emptiness and sadness in this photo.

Being an artist, myself, I love the thought of discarded ideas just laying around in the trash bin.

I really love the simplicity of the photo and the beauty of the woman captured by the image.

All photos in this entry were by Vivian Maier.








No comments:

Post a Comment